This Article was last updated 1 week ago by Ola
Ukraine accused of deadly cross-border attack on Russian village | Russia-Ukraine war News #Ukraine #accused #deadly #crossborder #attack #Russian #village #RussiaUkraine #war #News Welcome to TmZ Blog, here is the new story we have for you today:
If confirmed, the attacks would mark the first time a Russian has been killed inside the country by Ukraine shelling since Moscow’s invasion in February.
Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov of Russia’s Belgorod province said on Thursday the attack by Ukraine forces occurred in the village of Solokhi.
The village came under shelling from the Ukrainian side late Wednesday, and residents were later evacuated “to a safe place”, Gladkov said. With a population of 638, Solokhi lies 20km (12 miles) north of the Ukrainian region of Kharkiv.
“Seven wounded, another victim was brought late at night. Everyone is provided with qualified medical care, medicines are available in full. One person died. We will provide material assistance to all the victims and the family of the deceased,” Gladkov said on his Telegram channel.
Al Jazeera could not independently verify Gladkov’s account. If confirmed, it would mark the first death in Russia under Ukraine fire since the start of the war.
‘Most severe to date’
Russian authorities in areas bordering Ukraine have accused Kyiv of a series of attacks, including a helicopter raid on a fuel depot. Ukraine, which has been fighting off the Russian invasion since February 24, has not claimed responsibility for the attacks.
Gladkov described the shelling as “the most severe to date”, adding an apartment building had been destroyed, according to Russia’s state-run news agency TASS.