Sonal Jha Height, Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Quick Info→ Age: 52 Years Hometown: Patna, Bihar Marital Status: Married Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonal Jha Sonal Jha is an Indian actress who is known for various television shows and films. She is best known for her roles in films such as Lipstick Under My Burkha, 3 Storeys, and Chillar Party and TV…
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonal Jha
- Sonal Jha is an Indian actress who is known for various television shows and films. She is best known for her roles in films such as Lipstick Under My Burkha, 3 Storeys, and Chillar Party and TV Serials such as Na Aana Is Des Laado and Balika Vadhu.
- She has been involved in theatre since her childhood. At 11, she started theatre with Patna Indian People’s Theatre Association.
- When she was 15 years old, she performed as an actress and singer in Patna.
- She later moved to Delhi to pursue her postgraduate education. When she was pursuing her post-graduation in Delhi, she faced a lot of problems adjusting there because she had studied in Hindi medium till graduation and in Delhi, she was to study in English medium. Apart from the language barrier, she even went through a lot of cultural differences. She used to call her father and tell him that she would not be able to complete her studies, but her father motivated her a lot.
- After completing her education in New York, she started a job at an eminent company in Mumbai. She quit her job because of the work pressure. The experience of working in the corporate world taught her various aspects of life and how to interact with people from the corporate world.
- Later, she started her career as an actor. She started theatre and became a member of Ekjute Theater Group and learned a lot from Nadira Babbar, a famous theatre personality.
- She then acted in many plays all over India including ‘Ithihas Tumhe Le Gaya Kanhayiya’, and ‘Suman Aur Sana.’
- After performing in many plays, she was selected by Prakash Jha for the Bhojpuri television series Bahubali in 2008.
- She has appeared in films including Chillar Party (2011) as Encyclopedia’s Mother, Aarakshan (2011) as Shanti Bua, Lipstick Under My Burkha (2017) as Leela’s Mother, 3 Storeys (2018) as Malini’s mother, and Malaal (2019) as Rajni Tripathi.
- She has appeared in television shows including Hum Ladkiyan (2008) on Sony as Subhadra, Sapno Ke Bhanwer Main (2011) on Life OK as a Mother, Balika Vadhu (2012) on Colors as Irawati, and Ek Rishta Saajhedari Ka (2016) on Sony as Chandra Bua.
- She participated in a lot of theatre plays including Bali Aur Shambhu (2010), Pagla Ghoda (2014), Tumhara Vincent (2015), CanServive (2016), and Mughal-e-Azam (2016).
- In 2023, she starred in the film Coat and played the role of Madho’s mother.
- After appearing on the show ‘Balika Vadhu’in 2012, she did very few shows and completely switched to theatre for four to five years.
- In an interview, she said that she stopped watching TV after 2016 because the content changed a lot. She said that when she was offered roles, they used to change her role in Balika Vadhu from progressive to orthodox according to their will. She used to fight with the creative team asking how the character was behaving opposite of what she had said only two episodes ago.
- She is a ‘Prabhakar’ degree holder in Kathak.